View Single Post
Old 02.02.2017, 08:08 PM   #40
NickSoulsby
little trouble girl

NickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
is this going to be a paperback version? is there any photos inside of the book as well? any story behind the cover pic.?

Hey ya Greenlight, yeah, it's a paperback, I can't recall quite how many pictures but it's 25-30 I think was the final roundup. For the pictures, I asked participants if they had pictures they knew of or could volunteer - I only wanted photos of Thurston with them. So much of the focus of the book is on community, on these circles of friends and fellow travellers that I wanted the photos to reflect that vibe. Plus I thought Thurston might chuckle seeing this 'family album' of acquaintances. They're printed onto pages not as a standalone photo section.

The front and back photos are by Stefano Giovannini - the cover photo was taken at Williamsburg Music Hall a few years ago, the back cover photo of Thurston on stage is (I think) from Battery Park. I spoke to a number of people about submitting photographs...Those two were my preferences too. Not sure if there's any deep story - there's a requirement at the publisher that a book of this nature, as the cover image, should feature the artist in question looking toward the camera. I kinda liked the extreme close up and the lighting and so forth.
NickSoulsby is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|