View Single Post
Old 04.05.2016, 10:09 AM   #118
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Doomsday is in this movie? Why?

Because NOOOOO!!! and whatnot. Also, because the logic behind the premise of the film was to throw so much stuff that every DC fan would feel a need to go see it.

Part of me feels like Doomsday was in the film because the studio wanted to satisfy the teeming masses of snobby fucks who hate Superman and want to see him get hurt. Cast a big enough net, maybe you'll catch some fish.

Doomsday was actually pretty goddamn cool in the movie, but he shouldn't have been in it. Yes, I've wanted to see him for as long as I've wanted to see Bane. If only for simple curiosity about how it would be done. But sadly, even though this film did the character's destructive power justice, it didn't end up serving the story. It ended up killing the story.

Tom Hardy was a good Bane. I don't care if nobody agrees. He was chilling, and succeeded in not being cheesy and stupid. Dark Knight Rises was a good film. If only Christopher Nolan wasn't an actual, like, filmmaker... with, like, a personal investment in the quality of his art... maybe HE could have been the one manning the controls for the new cinematic Superman. He was an executive producer for BvS, but his style isn't felt in the film the way it was, sort of, in Man of Steel. I get why he didn't want to be in charge of the DC universe, though. He approached Batman like it was not a comic book film. That's why he did such an excellent job. Now he's off to make more cerebral period pieces and cerebral sci-fi and cerebral psych-thrillers. I wish him the best.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|