View Single Post
Old 06.19.2009, 09:16 PM   #31
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g
Here's what I've learned dealing with upset parents trying to return cd's their kids bought at my store: You can't pick what they like, or who they like. As painful as it may be, they have to make their own bad descisions and choose their own bad taste. That will hopefully enable them to develop their own good taste down the road.

That's a positive attitude, and I have no problem with it, but not every child goes that route of course. That's definitely the way to feel if they like music you're not into. Hell, that's the way to feel if your significant other likes music you're not into (though I can't help making jokes about a certain fat pasty British moaner and his legion of wrist slashing thirteen year-old girls...)

I suspect my son will have tastes that I find interesting more than annoying. He already likes drum n bass and roots reggae more than I do (I like both genres, but he's seriously into them). I would never force him to listen to anything, so that's why I'm so ecstatic he reacts to Sabbath and Sonic Youth with as much of a positive passion as I do.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|