View Single Post
Old 06.22.2007, 03:26 AM   #140
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
Tell me, did Coffee People pay employee benefits? Health insurance--for part timers? Did they offer stock options? How much did the workers profit from the sale of Coffee People? Eh??

And it's atrocious when workers have to depend on the caprice or charity of customer "tips" to make a living-- Thank you, massa, for your generosity! May the Lord bless you and increase your riches, Sire! pffft--- tips are ultimately a slap on the face-- a notch above whoredom.

I can't tell you, because I don't actually know. However, I'm pretty sure they likely did offer benefits. As I don't think they were publicly traded, stock options would not likely be a reality. Was there profit sharing? I have no idea, but I think they probably treated their workers well. Certainly better than Starbucks did when they put them all out on the street.

As for your tirade against tipping, I'm sure if you buy coffee or whatever and don't tip out of the generosity of your philosophical self-righteousness, that the server will thank you for your nobility in toppling neo-fuedalism by stiffing them. Yeah, fucking, right.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|