View Single Post
Old 07.29.2017, 07:32 AM   #1
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Gigs you thought you'd go to, eventually missed and wished you had gone to...

When I check the What gigs are you going to in the coming months? thread I can't help thinking of missed opportunities. So there...

When Nirvana came to Paris, with Television Personalities as an opening act, I thought about going, took too long and believed the venue would be sold out. I thought "so what" and rested sure they'll be back less than two years after that. But then Kurt Cobain shot himself.

I thought about going to see Sun Kil Moon in Paris two years ago and thought that Jesu would be the main act. I don't know Jesu. All I know's that it's a whatshisname project, by a former Napalm Death founder, who had a record released as Sweet Tooth (that I listened to and didn't like).
I wasn't too fond of the idea of that order and decided I wouldn't go.
I wish I hadn't and will take a two day holiday to see SKM in Paris this november.

Same reason: the most interesting band being the opening act and me not wanting to stay for a band I wasn't interested in the least... Mercury Rev came to Paris right after their first album, while Baker was still their singer, and I didn't buy a ticket.
The Levellers were the main act.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|