View Single Post
Old 07.31.2006, 08:57 PM   #17
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
in my humble opinion you are getting it all wrong:

1)pink is an amazing album, it's very garage punk rawk but then again ALL BORIS' ALBUMS ARE DIFFERENT, they have few albums that sound alike and the ones that do have different vibes (like megatone, sun baked... and dronevil, for example). i love pink because it's so fucking different!!

2) most everything i've heard from boris is amazing because they are all different and they are very good at that. i mean, just listen to them doing the dark heavy ambient drone of, well, dronevil and then hear them at their stoner height on amplifier worship and then listen to the arty whispers of flood and tell me they don't SLAY in all those styles.

3) wata is one of the best guitarists in the world right now, and i mean top 3 guitar players.

4) the merzbow collaborations: megatone i loved because i heard it as being very subdued and minimal to the point of neutralizing characteristic sounds from each of the parties involved, sun baked is more of what you would expect from the both entities and build a cohesive and exciting mass of morphing sound for like an hour. and 04092001 just plainly rocks, i love that they are slaying live lo-fing it; true, you can't hear masami's shit for beans but the tunes just rock, if merzbow wasn't there, you wouldn't know the difference. if you listen to all merzbow+boris collabs with a sound in mind, you are going to get disappointed but these are experiments...i guess 04092001 is the only disappointing one because merzbow is mostly absent in sound, but the others are amazing.

i haven't had the chance to really listen and give the attention deserving of black (implication flooding) so i can't really comment on that.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|