View Single Post
Old 03.28.2016, 11:07 AM   #1266
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Ok, so you don't like Biggie. You don't like Kanye either, but you still admit that his influence on hip-hop has been undeniable. Even if you don't like Notorious BIG, I think it's pretty silly to act as though he isn't one of the most influential rappers of all time.

To not like him, that's fine. I don't like Dr. Dre, but is he influential? Hell yeah.

You have to give Big props. He's name dropped by every generation of rappers, alongside Pac.

Anyway, I think ATCQ should be an #1, not because they're my favorites (they're up there, but I prefer Ye and a few others) the rest of the top five should probably be 2pac, Big, OutKast and Wu. The top ten should be flushed out by Ye, HOV, De La, Nas and so on.

My personal top 10 would begin with Kanye of course, but we're talking about all time here, and I think Tribe takes the cake. I'm forgetting some folks, but whatever.

I put Kanye on the list so you know its not personal or just my tastes. I honestly and genuinely do NOT see Biggie as being influential. Yes, sure, at a "local" level but to make an ALL TIME list got to be all time influential. I don't HEAR Biggie in other rap like i hear the other top 10 i posted..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|