View Single Post
Old 08.06.2006, 01:49 AM   #20
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
I don't understand the hate critics have for Kim Gordon. Is it because she threatens their masculinity and/or pre-conceived, slave-indoctrinated faux, femininity? Do they have a problem because she is obviously a strong, brave, creative, talented, intelligent woman? I guess I'll never know. A Thousand Leaves would not be the same record without Kim Gordon's backbone infused throughout its sublime beauty. Contre Le Sexisme is noise with beauty shining through it like gossamer.

Eh, its probably half and half. She does something harsh and beautiful and some people find that abrasive and just plain don't dig it. With that half, its probably purely textural. The other half are probably put off by the things you said and don't give the texture enough time to stew and realize there's at least merit, and more.

I, on the other hand, dig it.

That's my hippy response and I'm sticking to it.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|