View Single Post
Old 09.28.2010, 09:25 AM   #18
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
If you are looking for just adding volume and sustain with out too much distortion/fuzz/drive, best to go with a booster type of pedal and stay away from more traditional distortion/fuzz/overdrive pedals...

i know a few bass players that use the LPB-1 and love 'em, there are a number of other boosters on the market that could be better but are more expensive (i.e. Catalinbread SFT, ZVex Super Hard On (SHO)...etc...) if you are handy at all with electronics you can make a EH LPB-1 to the original specs (circa 1969) for less than $25, i have made several for me and friends... the now made LPB-1 is still relatively inexpensive, i think they are about $40...

on the 2 amp setup you can do several things, you can find a pedal that has stereo outputs to use in your setup and have it last in your chain. each output to each amp i had done that in the past with a Digitech PDS-1002, Deluxe Memory Man, and a Line6 DL4 all have 2 output jacks... or you can easily make an enclosure with one input and two outputs, i have done this too, and have included volume pots for each output for extra control. you can also just buy a y-adapter type of cable to plug into your last pedal in the chain and each output goes to a seperate amp. be abit careful though, i once got a nice shock running my guitar setup to two sperate amps, i think it may have something more to do with the grounding, it is important that you plug both amps to the same power supply

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|