View Single Post
Old 09.05.2019, 07:10 AM   #2952
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Watched through first 3 episodes of The Righteous Gemstones. I am really liking it so far. Not at all what I thought it was going to be. Based on casting and previews, I really thought it was going to be a bit more slapstick Eastbound and Down with religion feeling.

Funny you should say that, because I feel like that is exactly what it

Sure, the plot’s different, characters are different, but it’s fucking Eastbound & Down (only with religion!) just like Vice Principals was more-or-less Eastbound & Down (in a School!).

I’ll watch it, and I have been, but the humor is the same, and the writing hasn't evolved much. Surprise, Danny McBride is not the Coen Bros.

Oh well. It will be funny for 2-3 seasons before there’s a year absence between it and Eastbound & Down In Space or whatever, in which Danny McBride plays a southern moron astronaut who wants to be good at his job but isn’t, and hilarity ensues ...
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|