View Single Post
Old 07.30.2017, 09:10 AM   #25
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Modest mouse might be the worst band I have seen get that successful in the last 10-15 years. Unlistenable vocals. Can't believe Johnny Marr played with them.

Edit:
I guess I can see the point you are trying to make, but obviously we have a few fundamental differences in taste ( including what defines "terrifying" in a musical combo).

Well, you're 100% right that Mosest Mouse was patently terrible by the time they became popular. I still remember listening to "Float on" for the first time with my then-girlfriend, and the two of us just stared at each other, mouths agape, eyes wide, thinking, "WHAT. THE. FUCK." I mean, how do you go from a cracked out thunderer like "What People are Made of" to... THAT?

But before that point, when they were hanging around with Calvin Johnson and K, and Up! Records, they were one of the best things going. I swear, their first two albums and early EPs (and Moon & Antarctica, to a lesser extent) sound like they were made by a completely different band than whatever pie-faced fuckparty shat out the line, "Alright all ready even if things end up a bit too heavy we'll all float on!" *projectile vomit*

I feel like this is common knowledge though, so chances are you have heard and dislike tracks like "Trucker's Atlas," in which case yes, there's a huge difference in taste at play here.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|