View Single Post
Old 05.28.2012, 09:12 PM   #40
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
sometimes I'm confused by what you say. I can't tell whether lyrics mean something to you or not. Sometimes I'm under the impression that if lyrics are blatantly trying to send a "message" that this will merely turn you off from the sound of the music. I wonder if one completely kills the other for you, that's all.

Personally, I find the two to be inseparable once the material is finished. Then I judge it based on the whole. I can easily be captivated by a song with "deep meaning" in the way it's written, just as much as the sound it's connected to.

I can't really say that I've seen many pavement fans on here implying in any way that they're fans because of the association with SY, but I don't care much about the similarities/contrasts between my tastes and others. Sure there are people who cannot make many decisions for themselves, but it doesn't seem like that is ever going to change. It's getting worked up over something that is probably a waste of time.

If the objective of the music is the message, immediate turnoff. This isn't to say that there's never been a number of songs like this that I do enjoy (assuming the alternative would just be crazy), but it's rare. I don't tend to enjoy meaningful, heartfelt, thought provoking lyrics.