View Single Post
Old 05.28.2012, 07:21 PM   #39
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I'll go as far as saying that Sonic Youth's association with Pavement has been an incentive for their attracting the sort of ''Should I like this or not'' indie wuss we see on this forum so often to their fanbase. Fragile little creatures that are so easily devastated by one's display of confidence it makes them question how helpful the hours spent on Pitchfork and mediafire have been for their psyche. You just have to read or look at Stephen Malkmus' interviews in his heyday to see what I mean.

This is something I was irritated about a few years ago. I remember feeling (and certainly it's a thing that does exist) that a certain demographic of SY fan tends to lean toward whatever other bands are somehow associated w/ the Youth. Not uncommon on any level to come across someone who listens to little else outside of the Dinosaur, Pavement, SY camp etc...despite whatever their age may be. This is no longer anything I find irritating. I just don't care.