View Single Post
Old 07.29.2017, 05:29 PM   #3
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Graham Parker and The Rumour--during their initial run. But they were opening for Journey so I said "no way, I'll get the chance to see them again". Well, I didn't, either back in the day or during the recent reunion. Now that GP has seemingly quashed the idea of any further gigs with The Rumour, it looks like I never will get the chance I've seen Parker a couple of times as a solo act, he was fine and I certainly recommend seeing him, but I really wish I had seen him with The Rumour backing him.

Similar story with Rockpile. They were opening for Blondie, a band I have no use for. Not long thereafter the Lowe/Edmunds split happened.

Ramones and The Cramps. More than one occasion. "Naw, I'm busy, there'll be other chances to see them"

Kenny Rankin--either unknown or repulsive to most on the board. But I saw him back in the day, one of my very first concerts, and he was fine. He came to my town a few years ago but I was busy with work/family, also thought the tickets were too expensive. He died shortly thereafter. The show I missed was the last one he ever played.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|