Thread: Swans
View Single Post
Old 06.14.2009, 08:48 PM   #60
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysusundone
Well I doubt it's going to be just Gira. Surely he'd at least get Jarboe.

and how is it going to work? he's going to play on one stage and she on another?

last i heard, mere months ago, was that they hated each other still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Air
...the reunited Mission of Burma was...

i listened to both their reunion albums when they came out and though they were boring as hell.

they could still pack a punch live, i don't know, but on record, yach!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Really? You think a good band can ruin their own name? Smashing Pumpkins weren't ever all that great, originally.

How (i.e. by what method) does a good band ruin it's name? This sounds to me as though this has more to do with the hipness of the band's credibility rather than the music itself. Does the actions of a band generations after the fact really effect your opinion of the original material? The sounds more like your problem than the band's.

well, in billy corgan's case, he took a decent band (at worse) and made it just a name to attract people (i did see the reunion, and it was fun listening to the old songs i already liked, but it was mostly because with such an amazing drummer, he couldn't fail).

the pixies reunion was horrible because those guys didn't bother to rehearse, let alone gather enough enthusiasm to give a shit about playing. mostly it sucks because it's bands that can't play as hard and passionate as they could when they were younger. or they just don't care as much anymore.

that thing about credibility is bullshit, it can propel a tour and album, but if the band isn't playing well, then sorry but that makes it worthless.

the two reunions that sound really great live, and right where they left off, are dinosaur jr and brutal truth. in my opinion.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|