View Single Post
Old 03.19.2014, 08:57 PM   #12
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's a stereo component. it's for people who buy turntables, not for people who buy ipods. or maybe for the ipod user who wants a turntable without the size/weight/noise limitations. those people already exist.

they've blown their fundraising goal multiple times. originally $800K, they have now $4.2 mil with 26 days to go.

no it isn't for people who buy turntables, analog audio buyers who actually buy expensive shit don't fuck with digital, this product is being met with indifference by sources that actually write about gear for people who buy for people who buy turntables, hate to reference this annoying site but it drives home the point that turntable people with too much money don't view pono as relevanthttp://www.analogplanet.com/content/...-covering-pono

it's for people who buy ipods however they market it, the analog and digital divide among gearheads is wide, there's already great sound possible from digital there's no way a device like this of any quality is going over to the analog market in a big way, and the analog market is smaller anyways. it's an expensive ipod that sounds better but holds less songs and doesn't actually fit well in pockets or have a decent screen. kickstarter doesn't mean shit, their competition in the market get way more investment than that without needing to crowdsource their money. getting a kickstarter funded doesn't guarantee continued market presence. i think this item is going to sink before too long, most of the public comments i'm seeing on this thing are negative

we're talking about the future here so i could easily be wrong maybe everyone i know is going to actually buy a pono and it's going to be a huge hit, it's possible but would shock me, i'm thinking this product has a year or two before it stops being produced
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|