View Single Post
Old 10.08.2015, 01:24 PM   #4161
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
well yeah, there wasn't at a time any other way to deliver printed words

but yes he also loved THINGS. i mean huge chunks of leaves of grass are quasi-biblical catalogs of things.

however, i didn't bring up whitman as some emblem, i just brought up that poem to illustrate the notion that the place to keep one's greatest treasures is inside one's head, not a pile of decaying objects.

not that the mind doesn't also decay in the end (sometimes even sooner but that's another story). everyone goes back to zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Methinks you do not take good care of your books.

that particular paperback with green cover and tiny print (was it a viking book?) was the only english copy i could buy at an israeli bookstore where most books were printed in hebrew. it was all i could get. so i read it at the beach, i read it in coffee shops, i carried it in my pack, i tore the living shit out of it and i digested and absorbed it. i don't care to read any more from that cheap battered vehicle, which after serving its purpose must reincarnate as compost as we all do.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|