View Single Post
Old 03.07.2014, 11:54 AM   #41
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone

Many master players are tasteless. Prince is a tasteless player who knows his way around a fretboard very well. Yes, he can shred, but his guitar tone is awful and the music he makes is highly irritating to me.

Taste. It is a matter of taste. I have heard the vast majority of his output and I have liked MAYBE two songs.

prince knows his way around more than just a fret board, he is very musically inclined and involved in the production of all the music he writes/performs..

It is indeed a matter of taste, and I respect that prince is not your cup of tea, so long as we all agree to at the least respect prince as an artist with some talent and artistic integrity.

Quote:
Again, I bring up that atrocious recent single "Screwdriver." Tell me that piece of crap measures up to the work that made his name.
No, but artists are allowed to change their approach to their art, and I don't think that prince is taking his current approach any less serious than his previous projects.

Why am I even arguing so much on prince's behalf? Fuck it. Either the dude's work speaks for itself or it doesn't, ain't much else to add..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|