View Single Post
Old 08.18.2006, 05:57 PM   #96
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
So let me get this straight:
I don't particularly dig Led Zeppelin. I would be happier if they had no singer and most of the time no guitarist. Jimmy Page bugs me about 60% of the time, while Robert Plant bugs me 95% of the time. I have no problem with Bonham and Jones. Rock solid.
This apparently makes me some kind of "hipper-than-thou hipster/poseur," and can have nothing whatever to do with my actual taste in music I am actually willing to spend my time listening to?
I like some 60s/70s arena rock. Black Sabbath is one of my favorite bands of all time. I also buy lathe cut 7"s in editions of 34.
Everyneurotic, your rhetoric can be every bit as generalizing and dismissive as anyone else's, and often smacks of "hipster backlash," especially considering how much obscure and inaccessible stuff you also enjoy.
We all have individual taste. I think Robert Plant is screechy and annoying, and a cheesy lyricist to boot. Do I think Led Zeppelin have done some worthwhile stuff? Yes. Do I think they have done far, far more ridiculously overrated amped-up white boy blooze action with bird-screeching "baby baby push push" bullshit over the top? Yes.
Taste is individual.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|