View Single Post
Old 02.01.2013, 02:42 PM   #157
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i said above i'm against obama on this one. he's wasting energy while we are stuck with 8% unemployment and an economy that shrank again due to defense cuts (i'm for defense cuts but they should be replaced by infrastructure builds/repairs/rebuilds). guns weren't a part of his campaign.

gangs get their guns currently at gun shows that require no background check. i'm for universal background checks, yes. and i'd add mandatory safety training (which isn't in the law i believe).

BUT: i'm against the ar15 and high capacity magazine bans, as i consider them a red herring to get votes from gun-phobic people. also the term "assault weapon" is idiotic. you could call a car an "assault car" if you decide to get drunk and run people over with it. assault hammers!

Assault hammers? That is just childish. They are called assault weapons because they were designed by the military for forward military operations, also called an assault. Duh

He is from Chicago, trust me, guns were part of his campaign, just on the down low. Chicago right now is the perfect example of why we need national laws. Chicago's laws are the strictest in the nation, yet gun violence is increasing. Why? Again, because gun laws in neighboring states and even within Illinois itself are lax compared to Chicago's city and county ordinances. Its like the healthcare reform and universal insurance, we either all jump in the pool together and succeed, or we don't all jump in and we all fail together regardless.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|