View Single Post
Old 10.26.2009, 03:25 PM   #12
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
funny how no one paid attention to this thread when i originally made it but now theres a lot of johnny come latelys who are praising it.

Speaking as a huge flips fan who loved their 90s acid noise pop stuff i was realy disappointed the past few records and the whole synthy direction. Embryonic is an amazingly dense record though. Upon first listen i gleefully screamed "the flaming lips are weird again, thank god". The record came out of jam sessions which should already give you a hint that it'll be great. It has a real krautrock 70s freakout vibe to it which i love and am proud to see wayne so clearly endorse. This mixed with the weirder side of electronics makes this a bizarre masterpiece that'll you keep coming back to and discovering more with each listen.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|