View Single Post
Old 03.12.2020, 12:24 AM   #71
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
My unofficial niece is obsessed with Billie Eilish. She's 10. Part of it is the same reason I latched onto Kurt Cobain at her age: gender bending. Cobain made it ok for me to be femme in the punk scene. Eilish is giving her license to be a tomboy and come out as les. She wants saggy pants. She thought she might be a trans boy. Between that and queer, she is pretty attached to me. She always sits to my right at tables, never fails. Adorable.

Her and her twin brother have pretty radical taste in music since their mom is big in the avant/experimental scene. They grew up used to noise. They genuinely love a lot of music too adventurous for most adults. I thought it was pretty funny getting out of the car and both of them finished the 100 gecs song we were listening to. The girl figured out the lyrics to Nobukazu Takemura's Falls Lake. I've never figured out all the lyrics. It's such a weird chord progression. Everyone I've played that song to couldn't stand it by the first verse. I love those damn kids. The boy already "wrote" his first experimental piece for violin. A string broke and he was using it to make scraping sounds.

And, um, the album When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go is fucking excellent. Have I mentioned that yet?