View Single Post
Old 11.02.2011, 08:45 AM   #472
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
I totally agree. They should break up and if they do, I wouldn't give a fuck. I mean, they have like what... 17 albums. If they go out, they go out on a high note, but what's up with this 'youth culture' shit? People like music, whether it's old or new. Kids like what they like and a lot of kids are just now getting into Sonic Youth. I'm pretty sure people here check out new music all the time. Rock music is old, Rap is over 30 years old, electronic music is even older. So.....what's really new?

Rappin about bitches and getting your dick sucked?
Power chords and screaming?
Dance beats with synths?
Captain Beefheart wantabees?
Feedback masturbation?

It's all been done. The mainstream just hasn't exploited it yet. I'm pretty sure, 30 years from now, Captain Beefheart like bands will be the new craze.

Captain beefheart like bands have been the craze and in a way its already happened, probably at least twice... definitely in the late 70's early 80's with the NYC No Wave movement, whether these bands knew it or not there is a similiarity between them and beefheart especially structurally and the atonal guitars, but they didn't have a much of an audience at all until 20 or so years later... then another derivative movement in the early 00's with early Black Dice (when they were more of a noise/hardcore band), Sightings, early-Liars, and supposedly the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (not IMO though)... this was all kinda featured in that documentary called Kill Yr Idols eventhough i think the relationship between the original No NY bands and the newer generation from the past 10 or so years is pretty loose. some of these bands are pretty well known in alternative music circles now, (i.e. The Liars, & The Yeah Yeah Yeahs), I'm not sure if it would get any more popular than it has already become.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|