View Single Post
Old 07.12.2010, 01:53 AM   #1044
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
no, that game was bullshit. spain got way more calls. they got way more free kicks in the 2nd half, when it mattered. i have no reason to root for the dutch, aside from spain being full of chodes. everyone i watched it with, people who regularly watch the premier league, felt the same way i did.

i understand you guys are fans of the game and want to try to remember it fondly. but the fact is that it was a shitty final to what was overall a shitty World Cup. the highlights being Uruguay with the great play of Suarez and Forlan. and almost every game that Germany played. [and I guess the US... even though the games were mostly ugly, they were very exciting]

Yeah, it wasn't a great final (when was the last time a WC final could be described as great?) and the football throughout the tournament wasn't always that brilliant, but World Cups aren't really about the best football (that's for the Champions League), they're about the drama that surrounds it and for that I'd say this one was a classic. It seems like an eternity since France re-enacted 1968 on their training pitch, or 'that' Robert Green miss, or Dempsey and Lampard's disallowed goals, or the first sight of that Korean player crying during his national anthem, or first finding out what a vuvuzela was, or seeing Domenich refuse to shake hands with the Paraguay coach, or John Terry's failed coup, or Suarez' handball - and yet they all happened within a single tournament within the space of a month. I honestly think that makes for a great World Cup.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|