View Single Post
Old 08.19.2015, 07:39 PM   #47199
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

i've like wye oak lots since their first album, and saw them live and they're great live-- the dude plays like 5 instruments at the same time which at the same time impressive and a bit hilarious. they used to sound a bit like yo la tengo-- not a copy, just a kind of relatedness.

but i haven't liked every album-- a recent one (i forget the name) was a bit too polished & poppy for my taste. but it wasn't cringeworthy or anything as i recall. myabe it's that one you posted? not sure. i should re-check them & sort them out by name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Listen some Bernardo Zizi from tube. I really like his sound and also his choir. I believe itīs religious, but doesnīt bother me, it has just so great spirit! Reminds me spiritually little bit this (that I also enjoy even I am not Christian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXyxQVJCGs

you have spotty-fried, yes? do a search for "modas" (album) and you should get 6 volumes of this good stuff. zizi has one, there are 5 others i'm working through. the 2nd i like better-- seems to be about emigrants going to work in factories-- or at least that's what i invent when i distinguish various loose words. it's great though.

at the end of each-- i don;t know what to call it-- the chorus goes briefly bananas like a bunch of alley cats. i wish there was a track of pure that.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|