View Single Post
Old 08.26.2012, 04:27 AM   #3
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I guess the first one that you see is always going to be the best... The London ICA show in my case, I remember a genuine feeling of "OMG I've never seen anything like this before in my life" just thrilling and truly game changing.

Quickly off the top of my head the others that have stood out for me have been both Brighton Beach shows, the London show on the Sister tour when Iggy came on for the I Wanna Be Yr dog encore (I had been tipped off about this so the surprise was ruined but it was still m i n d b l o w i n g)... also Lydia joining them for DV69 at ULU on the EVOL tour.
The Diamond Sea every time I saw them play it... my memory is failing me now as I went through a period of getting totally off my head at gig's and consequently can't remember a lot of them.
The NYCG&F tour is one of my absolute favourite tours... loved the songs live and also the visuals courtesy of Mr Habib were stunning. The Goodbye 20th Century show at the Royal Festival Hall is definitely in my top 10 best gigs ever list (another game changer)
Also the extended noise jam ending of Expressway at Brixton Academy on the Nurse tour was truly monumental...
The New Years Eve Brother James opener on the stroke of midnight 2010/11 gave me one of my biggest ever SY thrills... if that's possible!!!!

I feel really lucky to have seen so many amazing SY shows

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|