View Single Post
Old 08.31.2009, 09:08 AM   #22
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses

Since my mom died I have been OBSESSED with her music. I detested the shit she listened to but I find more in it now than I did before. She was a Bluegrass musician in her life. Songwriter, guitarist, singer...she encouraged and nurtured my love for music from the time I was born. I like the old blue grass mountain music she would play but I hated that christian pop shit. Not cause it was christian, cause it made a mockery of christianity. In my eyes these people only played christian music becauz they had a frsure audience.

She was super tolerant of my tastes. She would kiddingly pick at me sometimes, but always understood my individuality.

She recorded a cassette tape at a studio back when I was about 12 I guess. Last year I dropped $200 to have it restored and transferred into digital form. I made this really great cover for it and my sister printed them up for me so we could give em to our other brothers and sister for christmas.

I can't really remember what dad listened to then besides my mom. Now he likes really bad jazz which I find odd for a former red neck. He did pass me along my Led Zep knowledge and Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks. He played violin in school, but gave it up to be a mechanic. He was pretty tolerant of my musical obnoxiousness. I don't recall him ever trashing what I liked....he sure as hell did'nt understand it though.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|