View Single Post
Old 06.17.2011, 07:03 AM   #28
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Very few places care about tattoos anymore in my experience.

True, but not at the job interview stage. They'll immediately decide to go with someone less impulsive and more reliable. Same with gum and possibly even the nail polish. [semi personal info ]I work in a very conservative environment and wore a suit to my interview, combed my hair real nice and all that shit, yet I have lots of visible tattoos, wear JEANS (OMG SHOCKING), have hipster long hair and a hipster beard...... now after 4 years there I show up sweaty from biking in my shorts and no one gives a cats whiskers because they know I'm competent and can do my job, but for that first year while still on union probation? Well you better believe I played nice....... And I had to interview in front of a panel of people, 5 I believe including a doctor and upper upper upper management....... not fun[/semi personal info]

It only takes them what, about 5 seconds to decide yes or no in their mind, usually before you've spoken a word (or was that seeing the resume? I forget now) so don't take any chances, we are still in a recession no matter what 'merica says about it.........
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|