View Single Post
Old 06.12.2017, 10:14 AM   #128
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I've been listening to the Richard D. James Album at work today. God almighty, what a fucking album! It's amazing to me that after all these years, I still find myself peeking up to moments on this album that sound revelatory, even thought I've heard every song a hundred thousand times. I can never really be sure where my favorite moments are, or even which songs are the standouts. It's always changing. It's that kind of album, and that's possibly the best kind of album there is. It keeps me more engaged than other "classics" where I know how I'm going to respond to every moment ahead of time.

Take "Carn Marth" for instance. I was just listening to it, but for some reason this time around, it sounded like the clouds were parting and the heavens were coming alive in my brain.

Always liked the song, and the whole album. But without a single substance in my system (not counting caffeine) it gave me a fleeting moment of full-blown euphoria this time around. Like the calmest, most laid back and subtle moments of an ecstasy trip. But it's free! And last time I checked it wasn't a felony to ingest Aphex Twin.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|