View Single Post
Old 01.09.2016, 07:37 AM   #47663
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
This is the craziest fucking thing you've ever posted. Herman's Hermits wipe the floor with the Airplane!

I love British Invasion bubblegum, but gimme a break. Even by that standard, they are not great, although "Can’t You Hear My Heartbeat" is a masterpiece. I'm not a Jefferson fan by any means, but c'mon man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
And Wild Mood is not a bad album, it has some great moments.

That's what I'm saying. The band's worst album is still half-good. That's how fucking great they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I'm a big fan of, The Cure

What's your take on THE TOP? I really like it, no one else seems to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Skull
Begger's Banquet (1968)
Let It Bleed (1969)
Sticky Fingers (1971)
Exile On Main Street (1972)

I think Exile is way, way overrated, but I take your point.

STICKY strikes me as the summit of the entire band's career, and probably makes my TOP 10 EVER list if I'm the right mood.

You get gutsy, patented Stones rock ("Brown," "Bitch"), tips of the hat to r n' b ("Sway," "I Got the Blues"), pre-electric blues ("You Gotta Move"), a killer jam song ("Knocking"), their best ballad ("Wild Horses") and even a country tune ("Dead Flowers"). What else do you need?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|