View Single Post
Old 02.18.2012, 03:02 AM   #62
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Isn't there a fairly well known Manic Street Preachers doc? I'm not a fan of the band, really, but I'm interested in the bizarre story.

-------------->

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult

Louder Than War about the Manic Street Preachers playing a gig in Cuba is an interesting study on what it means to be a left-leaning rock band who routinely plays stadiums in the early part of the 21st century. Many here won't be fans of them, but I dont think you need to be to find it interesting.

It skips over the obvious ethical issues with being used by the Castro regime as propoganda tools, but there is a definite love for the culture and a regret about its inevitable decline that is touching. They also meet Castro and get all giddy

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|