View Single Post
Old 01.31.2009, 12:25 PM   #91
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Glice, haha, sorry for being earnest.

I think I agree with you regarding The Marshall Mathers LP in every respect. Even if someone doesn't like it, it's hard to deny its influence. It's ahead of its time, even today. And again I think you can trace math rock and many other genres to what it accomplished. Obviously, those genres would have developed eventually but The Marshall Mathers LP was the first album to do that complex shit where everyone's playing in different time signatures and such -- except, you know, classical music.

It's just such a multi layered album full of so many amazing ideas.. I dunno. I love it. It's too long though, of course, I think it has to be. That's why it kind of overshadows all of Eminems better works ("Stan", "The Real Slim Shady", "The Way I Am").

I dunno, I don't want to wax poetic, Eminem is my favorite musician of all time so I just feel very moved to write a lot about him at any opportunity.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with people not liking him though.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|