Thread: the war in iraq
View Single Post
Old 01.11.2007, 07:50 AM   #11
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
As much as I despise the war in Iraq, I strongly disagree with the Dem's wanting to evacuate the troops now that the shit is hitting the fan.

I don't think the Dems are talking about pulling all the troops out now.
They've been talking about a phased withdrawal over a period of months, which makes sense.

The problem with Bush's latest hairbrained scheme is that it won't work.
Napoleon (someone who actually knew what he was doing) tried exactly the same 'Take, Clear, Hold' tactics against Spanish insurgents in Madrid, and he failed miserably. I fear the same will happen in Baghdad.

As well as being an occupying army, the US troops are perceived as being on the side of the Shiite Iraqi government by the Sunni insurgency, hence the continuing attacks against them.

If the US upsets the Shiite militias by shooting up their neighbourhoods in Baghdad, then Moqtada's Mahdi Army will turn their wrath on them as well, and the carnage will get worse.

The longer the occupation of Iraq continues, the worse things will get for the men and women asked to 'sacrifice' themselves.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|