View Single Post
Old 01.26.2018, 11:08 AM   #1946
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
"i’d like to believe im an unfashionable dude who wears the same uniform every day cuz i don’t give a shit about clothes but maybe that’s just pretense. maybe your beard and glasses are also pretense. the grey suit and tie, pretense. the janitor uniform, pretense. all pretense."

This is the part where I say NAIF! to conflate the millions of choices and the care taken to create a drag look to live in for as while with the choice to shave or not shave (I have a beard because shaving every fucking day is a waste of goddamn time), or wih the choice of what outfits you will generally wear is a bit much man.

if you wear a Joy Division T, for example, and you go around all day affecting a morose, grim, and nihilistic attitude and air, because it matches your little outfit? That is pretense.

you not shaving cuz it wastes times could mean “i’m a serious dude who values his time in serious pursuits.”

appearance is appearance and can’t be avoided. whether you take care of your appearance or you don’t you still achieve an appearance that others will decode and interpret.

that joy division thing is just bad drag and therefore reprehensible lololol

btw, i recently bought mechanics coveralls to save time and space and laundry loads. i am however aware that i’ll start to look like supermario or barf in spaceballs ha ha ha. barf, actually.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|