View Single Post
Old 09.03.2007, 03:53 PM   #40
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrockstar
if starfield road was 10 minutes long it would be one of their masterpieces. the abruptness of its ending is one of my only disappointments on this album (apart from androgynous mind, which sounds like a throwaway from thurstons solo album). it reminds me, in so many ways, of mildred pierce. although, having heard the extended version of that, maybe it is better that they cut starfield road so abruptly.

I've always thouhgt the same about that song. As for Androgynous Mind, I read an interview at the time where Thurston Moore explained that it was about the mental violence that the mind of a homosexual is subjected to by a tormentor, or society in general. I trusted it to be correct and he wasn't just kidding, because it makes perfect sense if you listen to the song itself and hear the sense of mental anguish and anxiety that the progressive screaming of the character in it reflects. I've asked about this on the questions thread because I'd like a confirmation in that it is an incredible song just from a purely psychological point of view, but who knows?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|