View Single Post
Old 02.19.2011, 03:35 PM   #56
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
I was talking with Eugene, I think the thing that bothers me is her accent shines through far too much. I like singers who you cannot tell where they are from when they sing. I can't stand the way she says "don't" in that song.

Ah, see, from my perspective we get a million people year in, year out, who do this identikit, non-locatable 'American' singing accent. I'm not advocating the Wurzels, but having a bit of an accent is really important, I think. I think the moment when British metal got shit was when they stopped singing in regional accents. Even if those accents were Brum.

Quote:
And from what I understand, I don't think you guys are even really being ironic about it...Im just confused.

I'm not, I doubt anyone else is. I'd rave about Christina's voice (probably better) if she did more than one song every 4 years I liked.

But anyway. It's all good. I don't really like the Beach Boys, and I think they do very good things with fairly limited voices - that's the difference with them and Avril, I'd say. I mean, one of my other favourite singers is Mark E Smith, and he can't sing at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|