View Single Post
Old 08.01.2014, 03:21 PM   #87
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Diesel is a kush strain, and technically you can subdivide Kush into its four primal flavors: Sour Diesel, Hindu, OG, and Master. Now there is a Kush strain called "cheese" and "crack" which is an OG-Master hybrid. Diesel is the spicy one, Hindu is the trademark skunky "kush" taste, OG is the fruity one, and Master is the earthy one..

You're right, I totally forgot to include the "widow/afghani" strain but that is because I haven't really seen those buds in over five years, they were the hits of the late 1990s..

Just a note: I've heard a million names for all the same buds but those ten I've listed (the original 9 + the widow/afghani added by tesla) are the names I've heard across the past 16 years to which EVERYTIME the herbs was called by one of those names, it had the same smell, taste, and characteristics. There are a lot of one-only hybrids and accidents floating around out there, but those basic ten are the pedigree to which all the hybrids evolve. For example, in the ten years that "kush" has been big in LA the lines between OG and Master are blurring under cross-breeding. Now you find a lot of herbs that have qualities of both, they are dense and dark like OG but fruity like master, or light and fluffy like OG but earthy and heavy high like Master. The Hindu is unmistakable its flavor and aroma are so pungent and unique, but ten years ago it was a a classic big leaf, super lime green Indica and now you find a lot of dense, Sativa-like buds that are darker green yet have that trademark Hindu flavor. For better or worse, hybrids are changing the market.

What is worse is that "fad" flavors are dominating and all the great "vintage" or "heirloom" flavors are being pushed out of the market because people aren't interested. I LOVE the skunks, the purples, the haze strains, but those are just not what is in demand. Its a kush or nothing market and it has been for years now. However OG has come to so thoroughly dominate the market that essentially its all ther e is available. Kush used to be rare, now finding quality other flavors is the rare treat you hunt down. To be sure there is plenty of "
work" floating around, "regz" and other classic strains BUT their quality and production are usually shit and often their stale from sitting around somebody's stash too long for lack of demand.

When I find good "regz" I am more excited than any Kush. I miss like 8 years ago when chronic in LA was at its peak and you could smoke some delicious, quality strains and toke a different flavor for everyday of the month!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|