View Single Post
Old 10.11.2016, 08:41 AM   #19743
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
looks like i might the tetramoron after all, since after much stuff i found a setting in the player than keeps the original resolution-- it's a new bluray macheen. the old one broke, and it's been ages since i set one up, and the new one is inferior to the old one actually (bought it cheap refurbished), has cheap controls and i'm still playing with them. does your print have a bright blue line on the left side? the one i got does.

--

anyway, i did like black lagoon, yeah, good sunday mantinee. i didn't love it, but i liked it--found many good things about it.

the underwater photography was great. the portrayal of the ugly american going abroad to kill everything for money was great. the little psychological things like when the couple were smooching and the dickface starts to brandish his speargun were great-- the whole macho competitiveness over the girl was well portrayed. the curves of jane adams, sweet jesus, of course they'll fight over her, but why don't they put women who look like that on the screen anymore? i also like the character of the captain, especially when he pulls the knife on said dickface. i liked the science fiction aspect of the thing and the whole talk of going to space, etc--very 50s.

the monster itself didn't do a lot for me and i couldn't figure if he was intelligent or a dumbshit. i did get the whole king-kong aspect of it right away, but i was neutral about it. i think making a more, i don't know... "civilized" monster would have made it more interesting and the humans more brutal-- not to cheesy "avatar" levels, but if those caves had been ruins and fishboy the last of his kind... i would have liked to see that, for some reason-- like abe sapiens in hellboy. that would have been utter cruelty, but here i don't know, i hate the greedy dickface but it's hard to sympathize with the monster also.

the thing about "bringing a woman" to the expedition was outdated lols, and it did bug me in a plot--disturbing way that in the aquarium she's this accomplished scientist, but at the lagoon all she does is pose on her hot swimsuit and provoke the males with her amazing breasts. did they leave her brains in rio or something? that was ridiculous. also, they killed all the brown people first, of course, ha ha ha ha. fuckers! but anyway, it's the 50s, so it's a nice anthropological angle to look at the way things were portrayed, fun monster movie aside.

haven't seen bride of frankenstein but will try soon!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|