View Single Post
Old 06.06.2017, 11:56 AM   #20
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
people like to see their heroes crash and burn. it makes them believe the LIE that the great among us are JUST LIKE the rest of us....

That's the truth though. That's my entire point. Tiger Woods is no better at being a "man" than any of the rest of us. In fact, he seems to be a bit more flawed than average. He's not a "great man," he's a great golfer. And he's no greater at golfing than my first psych professor was at teaching, and changing and impacting lives. He's no better at golfing than the doctor who agreed to see me and treat my post-surgical pain responsibly and without prejudice is at helping people. He's no better at golfing than EVOLGhost is at Street Fighter II.

Tiger Woods is not a "great man," as far as any of us know. He is just a man. He is exactly like the rest of us. I don't condone people dwelling on his struggles, but I also don't believe he's better or worse than anyone because I've only seen him fucking golf.

There are so many more important things happening, probably just down the street from any of us, than Tiger's fucking DUI.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|