View Single Post
Old 12.14.2006, 04:59 PM   #470
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
I think we`ll never know for sure why Robin Finck left Nine Inch Nails. I mean this is the only thing he said about his departure:

"I know now that when i dig in the mud, i´m gonna get dirty as hell and wish for a swim. Then when wrapped in white linen, I´ll secretly start to sweat and stink. And so it is. By-these years- i suppose your suggesting in the flesh and on the planet. What comes up for me now is consistent. The more i learn, and the greater i attune my attention with something beyond this little life of mine and yours, the more simply my way unfolds. I´m much more consciously aware of how my thoughts and actions bring immediate situation and circumstance to my life. And that´s hard to unlearn. Try as i might. I see the me-to-be bathed in an obvious color and dancing wild desire out loud on your lawn. A posture preluding silence:"

So that makes obvious the decision of going away was totally Robin`s. But that statement is certainly confusing, i think. He didn´t say actually why he left, he was kind of digressing or something. Later i think he was just shooting photographs for quite some time and started to play music again with the fucking Guns`n`Roses. In fact he´s palying with Axl on the Guns` tour:
robinfinck.com

It would be great to see him playing with Nine Inch Nails again at some point, he`s wasting his time and talent playing with the Guns`n`Roses, man. I don`t really have a lot of faith in him returning to the NIN lineup, though.

Just to finish: I´m listening the Atlanta bootleg you uploaded and it´s awesome. Excelent sound quality and the band played a perfect show. i´ll always be frustrated for not catching up the band in that great tour.Now i fuckin promise you i`ll upload something from their With Teeth tour as soon as posible.

Hey, thanks for the link HBJ. But, you're right, I don't see Y Robin would want to do the G&R thing again, he could easily break off & do so many other projects.

&, I actually got a boot from the "With Teeth" tour that I was in attendance at as well, I'll match that w/ yr "WT bootleg.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|