View Single Post
Old 08.19.2015, 07:48 AM   #47192
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Serious. Hey, I mean, it's a mashup of two of ambient music's most iconic recordings. Sure, Metal Machine Music took a lot of crap, and continues to polarize, but ultimately it was (mostly) vindicated by its influence, and by the passing of time. Now it's hard to imagine a world without it.

Ben Frost's A U R O R A would probably have been a considered a joke in 1975 as well. So would Goodbye 20th Century, and possibly a good portion of the music we discuss here.

Not sure about the cover... needs work... But I would throw down cold hard cash on a physical copy of this in a hot minute.
I LOVE Metal Machine Music! Not heard that Eno-piece, a little bit of what l listened it doesnīt sound very interesting to me. I donīt know, I havenīt quite understood the genius of Eno. Maybe I will some day. Anyway this "collaboration" just sounded me quite artificial. That ambient, peaceful sounds together with Louīs "skriiiiik" etc...just made me think itīs ridiculous. Maybe working as some sort of joke. How about mixing together Sgt. Peppers & Their satanic majesties request?

I love also goodbye 20th Century. Sometimes I have felt the greatest genius in music is something most of the people think just a joke. I mean it sounds really mad, but still doesnīt change into humour music. I think Frank Zappa is great example sliding between genius music & humour music.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|