View Single Post
Old 11.09.2012, 07:11 AM   #44533
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I thought it was perfectly fine but ive never been that deep into Emeralds myself either. Its definitely more commercial sounding but i cant imagine theyll suddenly become the next Mogwai just because theyve added a drum machine.
my problem with it isn't so much with the drum machine (although I hate the really tinny sound) but rather that it consolidates my fears about them, those being that they tend to be more too pastiche-y for my liking as opposed to just being plain Tangerine Dream copyists, which in itself isn't too good. Just To Feel Anything really feels like a bit of a sick joke if I'm being completely honest. I much preferred the recent Outer Space albums, those were really good, nothing overtly original about them but they were atmospheric to the extent that you could drift off but with enough abrasion to maintain interest and not allow for it to be passed off as background music.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|