View Single Post
Old 01.21.2010, 09:58 AM   #6
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I love the minute, carefully crafted, sampling of the Dust Bros. and the Bomb Squad, where tiny snippets were used, and atered and dozens and dozens of samples were used in creating just one song's "music."

I HATE the way it has gotten now, with artists having to pay $100,000 to use a 3 second loop of one of their songs, and because of this, the hip hop acts will use only one sample, easily recognized, and repeat it endlessly, essentially just rapping over a distilled version of an old disco song, or a police tune, or nena's 99 luftballons. whatever. It sucks. I ahte it.

create something NEW you lazy fucks.

and suchfriends, covering a song costs money too. you cannot cover a tune,a nd release it on an album or for sale, without paying royalties to the tune's songwriter or whoever owns the copyright for that tune.

legally, you are not supposed to cover a song live if you are charging admission, without paying the licensing fee. of course that never gets enforced,