View Single Post
Old 12.26.2012, 03:30 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Rob. After a weird mid-season Nick Cage John Travolta Face Off kind of switch, the Texans and Ravens are looking back like their old selves. Baltimore was slipping so bad they looked like they might not make the play-offs, and Houston was rising so fast they looked like they could win it all. Now that reality has set back in, I stand by my original post-season predictions:

Ravens will play the Texans, and will win that game. Ravens will then go on to lose to the Broncos in the AFC Conference Game. Broncos will go to the Superbowl. As to the NFC, I originally had the Ninerz as a Superbowl contender, but that was with Alex Smith's methodical, small pass with great running Westcoast offense. With Kaepernick making such riskier plays and his inexperience at playing in high-level games, Ninerz will choke in the Divisional Game against the Falcons and interestingly, I hate to even jinx it, but it looks like Atlanta could seriously dance their way to the Superbowl this year.

I have then two scenarios for the NFC, but my AFC predictions remain firm.

AFC=

Houston-Baltimore for the Divisional.
New England-Denver for the Divisional.

Baltimore-Denver for the AFC Championship

Broncos to the Superbowl.

NFC:

Ninerz-Falcons in the Divisional.
Packers-Seattle in the Divisional.

Falcons-Packers in the NFC Championship.

Falcons to the Superbowl to meet the Broncos in New Orleans.

The real question is, who the fuck wins it all?

If there is any readjustment to this list, I'd say that Falcons could lose to the Packers at the NFC game and it could be Packers-Broncos. Either way, *sigh* I think Peyton is a sure bet to get that far. After all, the Broncos ALMOST made it that way with Tim Tebow, I can only imagine what they can do with a truly elite QB. Further, Falcons really had our chances, our consolation prize is that all of our Smith-Ryan era play-off loses have been to the teams that won it all, so its not like ANYONE beat the Packers or the Giants in the play-offs, and the year we loss to the Cards was Ryan's rookie year and Arizona made it the Bowl so they also almost went undefeated. I think this can be our year now that the offense trusts Matty Ice with the ball to throw it deep when it counts.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|