View Single Post
Old 01.03.2019, 09:07 AM   #52
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
I've been on a Lowathon for the past 18 hours!!!

Maybe you long-time fans can rank the 12 albums, and I will start proper listening (vice whatever song pops up on youtube) with the worst one.

Thanks in advance.

Ranking Low albums?

That’s hard. Yikes.

I’m big on their late-2000s/early-2010s material. “C’mon,” “Drums & Guns,” “The Great Destroyer.” All really excellent records, and probably where I’d recommend starting.

“Long Division” is essential, and it sounds like you already fuck with “Things We Lost in the Fire.”

“Christmas” is goddamn brilliant too, if not festive. “Little Drummer Boy” is full of fuzzy, noisey awesomeness.

I think “Double Negative” is at least in contention for one of their best albums. They’ve switched up genre before, but never so drastically.

Don’t start with the “worst” ... just check these albums stat.

To be honest I can’t really handle a lot of their music anymore. The sadness can be all-consuming on some albums, and I’m just not as down for that as I used to be.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|