View Single Post
Old 02.14.2013, 08:12 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
great-- so now they can make even less!

cmon, that argument doesn't hold water. music is as wonderful as books and as anything else-- tv shows, whatever. there's no excuse.

seriously, napster made up for the death of radio at the hands of the clearchannels; now that you can access anything anywhere, and there's a viable economic model for digital music, there's no need moral argument to thieve.

Yes but the music industry robs artists WAY more than downloading ever could and bands have other revinue sources (touring, merchandising) that authors just might not have

I think that the term "thieve" is disingenuous and emotionally loaded. So when a band leaks their album or streams it or gives out MP3s are they robbing themselves? And again, what about tape trading and sharing burned CDs? I agree that piracy in these sense of downloading or redistributing for profit as being morally wrong, and indeed being thievery, but not necessarily downloading free music from a music blog, or some torrent files. I think as with many issues of law, the matter of intent is the crucial difference.

But we are free to disagree here, this is just my opinion.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|