Thread: bjork...
View Single Post
Old 02.29.2008, 07:25 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
ive been listening to bjork again big time these past couple of days. she really is amazing. her records all have the most beautiful textures, atmespheres, beats, everything. not to mention her voice is one of the most beautiful ever, i mean shes gotta be up there with i dunno, aretha franklin for sheer vocal power. my favorite female solo vocalist/performer probably ever, and shes gotta be the best of the last 15 years or so. i was just wondering of those who dig her on this board, whats your favorite alblums by her? i dont think shes had one misstep up untill last year with volta (which sucks, huge dissapointment, it aint terrible but i was expecting it to be one of the best of the year considering its bjork and she had the likes of brian chippendale, timbaland, antony, chris corsano, all those icelandic brass muscianas, just so many great collaborators)

my faves:
homogenic (produced by mark bell of lfo and howie b, huge beats, great lyrics, bjork's vocals one the top of her game, wildly experimental in comparison with earlier works, her best record)/

medulla (way underrated, the whole fucking record is almost made exclusivley from the human voice for fucks sakes! this alblum gets my pic just for sheer idea, without even counting the quality of the tracks)

any other bjork fans in the house?

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|