Thread: Blooze Blurrr
View Single Post
Old 12.24.2012, 02:35 AM   #16
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by another
same. I haven't listened to that instrumental for a while, so I'll check it out again. That Forced Exposure interview is really great; they also mention Mildred Pierce, don't they?

p.s. reading about this reminded me; I've seen you mention 'White Kross' showing up on a setlist from '84. Do you happen to have a pic of that?

They do mention "Mildred Pierce" - I wonder exactly when they wrote that (circa first EP, circa Confusion, later?). No hint of it turns up on any gig I've heard from '81-'83, nor Sonic Death (and there are still a few unknown tracks on Sonic Death).

Here's the set list. It's worth noting that no circulating tapes of '84 gigs have Brother James or Kill Yr Idols. The lyrics to White Kross appear to have been written around the same time as the lyrics to Green Light (which first showed up in Satan is Boring), so I'm not sure what this would have been.

As for this thread, I also thought the instrumental recording might have a binaural sound to it, but I wasn't sure if I was just hearing what I want to hear. The funny thing is, it doesn't sound like '83-era SY to me, but later '80s...

I've campaigned long and hard for a Confusion is Sex reissue with this song and anything else from that era that may still be buried. I'd love to have the entire Geneva radio show that's all cut up on side 1 of Sonic Death - imagine a full in-studio radio set from their first European tour!

I almost went on a whole Sonic Death spiel then remembered it had nothing to do with this thread...can you tell I'm working on the website again?
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|