Thread: Blooze Blurrr
View Single Post
Old 12.23.2012, 02:47 PM   #13
another
little trouble girl

another kicks all y'all's assesanother kicks all y'all's assesanother kicks all y'all's assesanother kicks all y'all's assesanother kicks all y'all's assesanother kicks all y'all's assesanother kicks all y'all's assesanother kicks all y'all's assesanother kicks all y'all's assesanother kicks all y'all's assesanother kicks all y'all's asses
alright, I gave it another good listen. This is a little difficult. On one hand, it has all the classic motifs of sy, but on the other hand that might be an indication of somebody else putting a bit of effort into copping their style.

- to me, the drumming sounds like bob bert; kind of tribal at times, not too pounding but noticeable enough. Around 5:00 the pattern almost sounds like the end of 'Transmission' by Joy Division, although maybe that's just me.
- Thurston's comment in the interview about recording it 'on a binaural head' fits the sound of the recording imo.
- the one thing that throws me off is his comment that 'They listened to it and said, 'What the fuck is this? This isn't Sonic Youth.' It doesn't really sound like anything other than sonic youth.

Overall it sounds 'right' for what 'Blooze Blurrr' is supposed to be. Do you have any more info on where this particular copy of the show came from? Maybe that could shed some light on its origins.
another is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|