View Single Post
Old 11.04.2012, 12:39 PM   #8
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Spiritualized cant be compared to those bands. They're a pop band. They have their sound, and yes it's redundant; I'm not going to claim that anything they've done has been original. They're my favorite existing band because they consistently manage to make the same basic theme sound refreshing and exhilarating. I'd probably be pissed if they tried to switch things up now.

By the way, I saw them last spring for the umpteenth time, and it was the best show I've been to this year. They're never going to top their pre-2000s output, but they continue to make down to earth stoner rock n roll that works (and reminds me that minimal technical skill, attitude, and painkillers are really all you need to make great music.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|